Blessings of Hope
Blessings of Hope is the food ministry extension of Light of Hope Ministries.
- America produces twice as much food per person as needed
- More than 40% of food produced in America is not eaten, that amounts to over 29 million tons of food wasted each year.
- Nationwide, food makes up 17% of what we send to landfills
- Wasted food costs America OVER $100 Billion annually
- In 2008 nearly 50 million people in America -including almost one child in four- struggled to get enough to eat
- 1 out of every 6 Americans are at risk for hunger
The Vision for Blessings of Hope: We are building a food distribution network that is able to receive large quantities of food and distribute to food ministries in manageable quantities.
The Mission for Blessings of Hope: To package, distribute, and share food with food banks, ministries, churches, and individuals committed to building relationships in their communities through food and acts of love.